Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 162-164: Kiama mini break + Gilroys

Mark and I had a lovely weekend down in Kiama and surrounds. We enjoyed Kiama itself then visited about 5 wineries or so. We also went to Berry for lunch and shopping. On the way home we did the skywalk which had fantastic views. I always feel a bit nervous on such heights. I climbed up the extra high tower as well. On the way down I was taking my time so as to not fall to my death but some young 8 year old yelled out "I cant go any faster cos this lady is slow". I told him that I was slow because I didn't want to fall. Grrr. On one night we dined at the hotel. The next night we dined at the one hatted restaurant 55 On Collins. I'm not sure what they did to earn the one hat, but it wasn't food related. Don't get me wrong the food was fine it just was not 1 hat or even 1/2 a hat standard. The service was slow too and they stuffed up my meal. Oh well, I guess you get that out of the big smoke sometimes...

Very green Kiama

view from our hotel

Food from 1 hatted 55 on Collins



The blow hole


One of the wineries

Skywalk



We then rushed back to Sydney for dinner with Bel & John at Gilroys (famous for the best snitzel in town!!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment