Thursday, February 4, 2010

Allergic to life?

On Tuesday I went to see an Allergist. These are the things I am allergic to, at varying degrees of sensitivity (none life threatening!):

Mineral - iron, calcium
Sugar
Salicylates
Glutamates
Dairy
Wheat
Yeast
Artificial preservatives
Artificial colours
Acid mix
Grasses
Moulds
Dust
Dust mites

So I will be ordering a bubble soon ;) Some of these resonate. I can not tolerate dairy. Sometimes I'm not the best with wheat. I definitely have a big problem with any level of dust/dust mites. And I recall when I was a child getting rashes from rolling around in the grass! The other ones a little bit hard to pin point on account of being in everything.

Other things I was tested for but am NOT allergic to:

Food phenolics
Water soluble vitamins
Fat soluble vitamins
Amines
Egg
Poultry
Meat
Grain mix
Corn
Cocoa
Soy
Peanut
Lupin
Artificial flavours
Enzyme mix
Plant phenolics
Pollens
Tarpenes
Trees
Weeds
Cockroach
Dogs
Cats

I guess I will be ordering a truck load of vitamins then that include artificial flavour!

Funnily enough they didn't test whether I was allergic to humans.

I was quite surprised to see I am not allergic to dogs and cats as they often set me off. The allergist explained that dogs and cats carry a lot of dust mites and grasses and that is what likely sets me off rather than the animal themselves. Interesting - bring on the puppy dog (with a dyson to ensure he doesnt carry nasties on his coat)!

What are you allergic or insensitive to?

1 comment:

  1. It could be worse, my friend has a mild allergic reaction to wind!!

    ReplyDelete