The Best
SJP is on most peoples' worst list this year, but for me she was absolutely the best. I was really taken aback by her Chanel Coture gown - it was so different and unique but gorgeous and she totally pulled it off. Not many people could. Her hair is also being criticised but I loved it. Somebody tell me how to put that together. Her makeup and accesories were also lovely. I want those earrings!



Cameron Diaz got everything right in her Oscar de la Renta gown.


I think Queen Latifa looked great in her lavender Badgley Mischka gown. What a gorgeous colour on her.

I have to hesitate before putting Miley Cirus on my best list dressed. I am no fan of hers. She doesn't seem to be able to dress age appropriately ever. She should not be wearing this dress. However, I cannot deny that I love the gown (custom-made Jenny Packham), jewellery and hair (just not her!).

Im not 100% sold on this Marchesa gown. But it certainly is Oscar worthy - good thing since Sandra Bullock won one! It really sparkled up on the stage. Her red lipstick is fantastic against the colour of her dress.

Demi Moore looked divine in Versace with lovely jewellery to match. Hair needed some work though.

Now I didn't know if this should go on the best or worst list. Diane Kruger looked dramatic in Chanel.

The Worst
What was Charlize Theron thinking? Flowers on top of your nipples is never a good look. This is the Oscars woman! Disasterous Dior.

Jennifer Lopez turned her assets into liabilities in this Armani gown.

Zoe Saldana has way too much going on in this Riccardo Tisci number.

Kate Winslet usually looks wonderful but I am not a fan of this silver top and skirt number by Yves St Laurent.

Maggie G is normally on my best list. I just dont think a hawaian print is appropriate for the Oscars. She is wearing Dries Van Noten. I still think she looks fantastic though - she always does.

Tina Fey is almost always on the worst dressed list. She looks ok this time in Michael Kors but it is still a miss for me. Too ordinary, too blah...

And on a final note, I think James Cameron and his wife look super cute wearing Avatar Blue.

Pictures courtesy of smh.com.au
Blogs are going crazy about whether SJP is the best or worst dressed of the night (seems about 50/50 to me). What a polarising choice. It seems the yeses are edging out the nos a little though - http://frenchessence.blogspot.com/2010/03/sjpyes-or-no_08.html
ReplyDeleteI love the fact she took a risk.
I can't decide on SJP, she looks lovely whatever she's wearing, but uhm, I don't like that thing under her bum. Did she stand all night?
ReplyDeleteI loved Demi and Sandra. Sandra had the best hair of them all, so simple and glamorous. Give me her hair dresser, please!