You know sometimes you catch a break in life. I had a naturopathic consult and free time while everyone else was doing the flying fox. Fine with me, I had been stressing the last 3 days on this. Besides missing the flying fox, I did everything else on the program as usual.
After morning tea, we met at the gym for a bush walk with 'the original bushman' Johnny Palmer. He was quite a character. (And was smoking something!) He pulled him self up into a tree and did some acrobatics. He had an axe thing where he hacked down any weeds (sometimes these were trees!) we came across. He kept going off in tangents, so it was quite interesting and amusing to listen to. He was very passionate about conservation. Anyhoo, we went on a BIG walk with him. We encountered a snake. One a little more nasty than the one outside the eden room. We aren't in Kansas anymore kids. We sampled some native berries and leaves - they didn't taste that great, I'm glad we have access to Harris Farm. The trek back down was a little treacherous, I almost fell over more then once. There were leeches galore. I don't think Ive mentioned this yet but on all the rainforest type walks people were getting eaten alive by leeches. Some peoples shoes were COVERED in them. I had one or two and managed to brush them off. However, I felt a sharp sting on my foot but couldn't see anything. When I got back to my room I wondered why there was blood all over the bathroom tiles. I then realised I was bleeding non stop, yep bitten by a leech. I got given a bandaid. Anyway, besides my injury and run in with the snake I enjoyed this walk and it was very interesting to meet Johnny Palmer. We were told he use to live in a tree with his wife and she even gave birth in this tree, he was quite upset when after a few years his wife wanted to rejoin society. Oh and apparently he wasn't smoking anything, he is just crazy on mother earth.
After lunch we had a cooking demo with one of the lovely chefs. She took us through a few recipes and we got to taste test. The session was great. We made cheesecake (which we got to eat), muesli, muesli cookies (for the groups afternoon tea) and a smoothie (which we got to drink).

After cooking it was off to the Eden room down the hill for Tibetan Yoga. Ive never tried Tibetan Yoga before. It was really good. It was run by Barry who takes the Eden Program. So yes his thing is self development + Tibetan Yoga. This is Barry doing one of the poses.

After afternoon tea, it was back to the Eden Program and meditation followed by Dinner. After dinner we all took a walk and went and saw the glow worms. It was nice to take a walk after dinner especially due to having cheesecake (even it was healthy style cheesecake!).

No comments:
Post a Comment