
So the day before in the Eden program, Barry worked through how powerful the self talk of "I can if I choose to" vs "I cant" can be. With this in mind, I wasn't feeling too stressed when I went to bed the night before about the Power Pole today. After Qi Gong, the bush walk and breaky I was fairly calm with the knowledge I can do it if I choose to. So i wandered down to the Power Pole. I then had all calmness leave me and decided I would just sit and watch. I was really impressed and amazed by those completing the power pole, but thought it is not for me (8 hour pole you clim up, stand on a ledge and then jump for a trapeze). I was asked to sign the form in case I changed my mind - NO thank you, I'm not signing anything unless I actually decide to do it. One of my good Camp Eden friends Jen encouraged me to put the harness and helmet on and just see if I wanted to do it oor not. I decided to go along with this. As soon as this was being put on me I started crying uncontrollably. And the breathing (make that hyperventilating) was back. I was feeling so much fear. But for some reason I decided to take Summa's advice and just climb up the pole and see what I thought. Anyhoo, once you are up you are not sure you want to come down again. I mean it's an 8 metre pole. I was pretty unsure of how I could get from the top of the pole to the ledge - someone how I did this. I was then kinda crouched. You then had to somehow stand up. I didn't want to do this, but after asking if there was anyway out, I stood up. Apparently people say I didn't shake at all. I never would have guessed. Most people before me, even the brave ones, were shaking and the pole was shaking with them. All I can say is my survival instinct was alive and kicking. I could feel it. There was none of the sobbing from before. I was trying to figure out how to get out of this situation as fast as possible. Once up, I did not want to leap for the trapeze as it seemed way too far. I tried to convince them to let me sit down again but they said no. I looked all around me for another way out. I didn't see any other exit points. I then decided I needed to leap. I had a few false starts and then finally jumped (again only because it was my only way out). I caught the trapeze. Yay. Now I didn't want to let go. Most people let go quite quickly but i didn't want to, I was scared of the drop. I was told I must quite a few times, so i did. Surprisingly the drop was quite gentle. I got a great cheer from the crowd (what a supportive bunch they were!). I was glad to get out of that harness and back on solid ground. I was emotionally exhausted but really happy I did it. I couldn't believe I did. It really made me think what we can do, if we just push past ever so slightly that barrier of fear.







After the power pole, Jen, Nicolle & I decided to go to the famed Club Mud. This is a little spot behind some shrubs where they have special clay/mud stuff from NZ. You rub it all over you and then bake in the Sun. It was quite fun but very tough to get off (and very cold in the outdoor shower!). I cant say my skin felt that different... We then went for a sauna and steam. So much detoxing! I decided to take my time and miss Cardiofit. My first missed session ever. I was exhausted. Up until today, I had had lots of energy, but today I felt really flat. Like really flat! I think it just finally caught up with me. Probably the emotion from Power Pole took its toll as well. So yes I just relaxed.
After lunch, there was another cooking demo/talk on food. Normally I'd be all over this with note book in hand but today I was like whatever.... I did pike up a little though when I tried the most amazing ice cream of my life. Wholefoods rocks! I had taste of a smoothie too.
I then dragged myself down to a seminar - wasn't feeling it to be honest. Apparently Martial Groove is the class to take at Camp Eden but I could not do it. Zero energy. I did some reading and sat by the pool. Went for a quick swim too.
I still went to the Eden program and meditation. I was loving that Eden program and this was my last day of it. Felt pretty on top of life. One step off enlightenment (or not) hehe. Such a valuable course. I got lots out of it.
After dinner we gave each other massages which was a nice end to the day and just what I needed.
Oh and very first thing in the morning I had a weigh in. I had lost 1 kg and 6cm off my waist. I was happy with that after 4 days.
No comments:
Post a Comment