Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 27: Go and give blood


A blood bank is right near my work building. I encourage all my readers to go and give blood if you can. Unfortunately I cannot join you. Many moons ago I tried to give blood and failed. I fainted at the pin prick test and had to stay in a room for 20 minutes whilst I recovered. They were very understanding but banned me for 5 years all the same (I can understand - I was hindering rather than helping). My ban lifted some time ago but I think I would still have the same outcome if I went today. I still almost pass out from every needle or semi medical-related icky thing. I would if I could though! So go on - don't walk, run.

2 comments:

  1. I would go too, except I lived in the UK during the height of Mad Cow. Am subsequently banned from donating. Boo. But everyone else should go and donate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call Elise. Blood doncation is a great gift to the community. Now that I have stopped b/feeding I will make an appointment to donate soon.

    ReplyDelete