Typical snacks...
Retro Aussie fare - mini meat pies (but gourmet style)and sausage rolls with tomato sauce
Mark made damper which we served with garlic butter. I haven't had this since School Camp (oh and also at Kingsley's Steak House). A great Australian Classic.
Lamb! (yes we did out patriotic duty) Mark marinated a few batches - Moroccan, rosemary & garlic and au natural - v v yum!
Organic beef and lamb sangers (we don't often serve sangers at our dos but made an exception for Australia Day!) and onion
Mixed salad I made with marinated fetta and olives plus whole baby beets (an Aussie BBQ essential)
Lamingtons for afters
Not suprisingly, Mark and I did not need dinner!
Can I invite myself over to your next Aussie Day BBQ (or any BBQ)? Looks yum!
ReplyDeleteYum looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteV - we should have you guys over sometime!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great afternoon BBQ :) Lots of aussie favourites there
ReplyDelete